Monday, November 25, 2013

Yes, we will!

(I had a dream last night in which I was reviewing my whole complex philosophy and theology. Loads of graphs and formulas were written on whiteboards while I was trying to explain it to my teachers and colleagues. When I woke up, Louis Armstrong's "It's a Wonderful World" was playing in my head. And I realized how simple it all was.)

It is a wonderful world.
Humanity has a beautiful future.
Our lives and deaths have purpose and worth.
The Universe is Meaning-full.

We will enjoy peace with justice.
Charity towards all will prevail over fear and hate.
Public happiness will overcome personal misery.
Society, its communities and publics, will be free.

Not a matter of philosophical argument, scientific proof, or religious teaching,
All this will be because we will to make it so.

Our faith is not a dogma, it is our decision.
Our hope is not a wish, it is our intention.
Our love is not a feeling, it is our action.

We choose to be free and powerful and so we shall be.
We decide for a wonderful world and so it shall be.
We act for universal meaning and Meaning shall be.

We, not I, are the masters of our Fate.
We, not I, are the captains of our Soul.
We, not I, are the Word of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment