- Relate to cancer--e.g. eating pesticides, breathing or drinking chemicals, exposure to radiation.
- Relate to gun ownership when we know that people who have a gun have shorter life expectancy because of accidents, suicide, and a fearful attitude toward others.
- Relate to community when we know that people in a denser, walkable, civic-minded, neighborly community are much safer, drive less, and get more exercise.
- Relate to education with solid studies linking education to wealth and wealth to longevity--and not just financial wealth, but also intellectual, social, civic and spiritual wealth.
- Relate to loving friendships. Again solid studies show that coordination.
- Relate to openness to change and new learning, positive attitude, sense of faith, meaning and hope, for self and others, for community and country.
So I revised the calculator, adding these indicators, and took the test again. Now it says I'll live to be 150.
Sorry kids. You'll have to put up with me for a long, long time.